Is there a “good” time to launch a program? (timeline inside)
Last week I was having a strategy call with a client who is planning to offer a detox sometime in the coming months.
She asked me a question I hear often, which is, “is June a good time to launch?”
You can replace “June” with another month, as I get asked this question throughout the year.
You may be thinking that summer is not a good time to launch a program, but the truth is that any time can be a good time to launch. (Keep reading because there are a couple of caveats to this.)
People who are struggling with their weight, digestive issues, or fatigue don’t stop feeling frustrated about these things because it’s the summer (or any other time of the year for that matter).
There are people out there who are ready and want your help, but often we stop ourselves from launching a program or promoting our services because we want to find the “perfect” time.
One of the most important things to remember, when you launch a program, is that you want it to be clear that your program solves a problem that your audience cares deeply about.
If your offer is compelling, people will sign up. When a problem is big enough, anytime is the “perfect” time.
As I mentioned earlier, there are two caveats to the statement “any time is a good time to launch.”
This relates to knowing your audience and taking into account timeframes that might not work for them.
For example, let’s say that you work with moms in your local area who have school age kids. If you know that the last two weeks of the school year are jam-packed with end-of-year activities, you won’t want to launch a program during this time.
This relates to your schedule and knowing what will work for you.
For example, if you have two other big projects in the works in your business, you may not have the energy to focus on a launch and implement it successfully. Be careful not to use this as an excuse to procrastinate: ). I recommend you start by planning your launch and then plan your other projects around that.
While it is just the end of April, you can have a stress-free and successful launch of a summer program if you start planning now.
You might be wondering what you should be focusing on when, to successfully launch a cleanse or detox. Have no fear; I’ve got you covered!
I’ve put a timeline together for you, to help you plan for a low-stress, profitable launch in January. (Note that this timeline does not include a preview call or an affiliate program. I’ve kept this simple to keep you out of overwhelm.)
Launch Timeline for Summer Program
Week of May 11th – Finalizing program details
· Determine the length of your program and pricing
- Review your cleanse/detox materials and start to make edits.
Week of May 18th – Getting ready to promote
· Create your sales page. (This is where people can learn about your program and register.)
- Write or edit the welcome email participants will receive when they register.
Week of May 25th – Getting ready to promote
· Make final edits to your cleanse/detox materials.
· If you plan to provide live calls as part of your program, set-up a free account with FreeConferencing.com (or another teleseminar provider).
Week of June 1st – Getting ready to promote
· Set up and schedule your first 4 promotional emails in your email marketing system (such as Aweber, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, or 1ShoppingCart).
Week of June 8th – Promotion starts
· Special Early Bird pricing is good this week (and for a total of 7 days).
· First 4 promotional emails are sent this week.
· Set up and schedule the last 2 promotional emails in your email marketing system (such as Aweber, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, or 1ShoppingCart).
Week of June 15th – Promotion continues
· Special Early Bird pricing ends.
· Last 2 promotional emails are sent this week.
· If you plan to provide live calls as part of your program, finalize the content for your “kick off” call.
Week of June 22 – Program starts
· Send out an email to participants the day before your kick off call, with their detox/cleanse materials and a reminder about the call.
· Hold your live kick off call, if applicable.
· Provide support to participants through a Private Facebook Group.
Week of June 29th – Program ends (depending on length of program)
· If applicable, send out an email to participants the day before your live wrap-up call, with a reminder about the call.
· Hold your live wrap-up call.
· Email participants with a feedback survey and a link to schedule their bonus 30-minute post-cleanse/detox strategy call (if you’re providing this as part of the program).
Note: If you want to run a program in July or August, you can simply shift the dates and give yourself even more time to prepare and promote your program.
Do you want to offer a group program but aren’t how to promote it?
We’re about to change this.
I’ve put together a FREE webinar on “How to Successfully Promote Your Cleanse Program”.
In this webinar, I will interview 3 new health coaches who successfully promoted their cleanse programs (with little or no list!).
I specifically selected NEW coaches because I want you to see what’s possible for you – even when you’re just starting out or don’t yet have a large following.
These coaches are ready to share exactly how they did it – so you can too. They will reveal what worked (and what didn’t) so you can shorten your learning curve. They’re not holding back!
If you want more people in your programs, but don’t know how, this webinar is for you.
Here are the details:
“How to Successfully Promote Your Cleanse Program”
Thursday, May 7th
10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern
Don’t worry if you can’t make the live call. Register anyway, and Amy will send you the recording after the call.